If you have a tooth that is moderately decayed, chipped, cracked or fractured, a porcelain inlay or onlay may be all you need to repair and restore your affected tooth.
Inlays & onlays are ideally suited for teeth that are too decayed or damaged to receive a filling treatment, yet still have sufficient healthy tooth structure to avoid the need for a full crown treatment. This means that your dentist removes a minimum of your remaining natural tooth. As part of this conservative approach, your dentist is also limiting the use of more invasive dentistry techniques to solve your tooth’s problems.
The benefits of inlays & onlays:
- Tough, stable and durable – Inlays and onlays are bonded permanently to your teeth, and can last for up to 30 years.
- Strengthens your tooth – Protects weak areas, and strengthens your remaining tooth structure by up to 75%.
- Conservative approach – A minimally invasive tooth restoration treatment.
- Perfectly colour-matched – You won’t be able to tell the difference between the inlay or onlay and your natural tooth.
- Two visit treatment – At your first visit, your tooth is prepped and an impression is taken. When you return, the prosthetic is fitted, verified and then permanently bonded.
- Customised precise fit – Inlays & onlays are made and fitted so precisely, that no harmful oral bacteria can enter between the prosthetic and your natural tooth at the time of insert.
- Easy to clean – Since inlays & onlays are fitted so precisely, and follow the contours or your natural tooth, cleaning and maintaining oral hygiene are a breeze.
- Longer tooth life – Your restored tooth will last much longer, and with proper oral care you can avoid further dental treatment.
At Choice Dental, we provide inlay and onlays as a conservative dental tooth restoration option – without the costs of a full crown treatment. For more information or to book a consultation, contact our friendly reception on (07) 3809 3320.